You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "God Gave Me You"

Friday, April 30, 2010

Song of the Week: "God Gave Me You"

I received an email about Dave Barnes' latest video "God Gave Me You" earlier this week and instantly fell in love with it. Maybe it was my sister's wedding approaching and the constant wedding talk over the past few weeks, but the lyrics and story behind the song really struck a chord. It makes sense though, considering he wrote the song as an ode to his wife, PopEater reports.

"I believe that people are built for community with each other. We often times take relationship for granted," Barnes said. "I wrote 'God Gave Me You' because I'm thankful for my wife, and how she makes me a better person."

I have a feeling "God Gave Me You" will become a popular wedding song. What do you think?



You can catch Barnes on the road promoting his latest release, What We Want, What We Get. For more, be sure to visit him on MySpace.

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.