You Sing, I Write: Thank YOU For Your Votes!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank YOU For Your Votes!

I can't express in words how appreciative I am of your support and votes for the SoundCtrl and Pepsico FlashFwd contest. Unfortunately, I didn't win the trip to SXSW but I did reach over 50 votes and was even featured on their blog as one of their top contenders.

While a free trip to Austin, Texas, and interviewing tons of bands while there would have been amazing, I'm truly grateful for the response, emails, comments, retweets I've received from everyone. It made me realize this little music blog of mine has had a much greater impact than I ever could have imagined. From a friend who works at a national magazine telling me she based their magazine's blog after mine to a former colleague from college who informs her students of my blog, I couldn't be more humbled.

I may not be attending SXSW, but that doesn't mean I won't keep on interviewing and discovering talented musicians for you. With a site redesign in the works and interviews lined up with some amazingly talented bands, You Sing, I Write will keep me busy. Thanks for coming along for the ride!

For a complete list of the winners, click here.

2 comments:

Chris Ming said...

Hey - sorry to hear you didn't win, but you've done so much work these last couple of years, I don't think this is much of a blip on the radar. Always rooting for you.

- Chris

ANNIE REUTER said...

Thanks Chris! Means a lot :-)

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.