You Sing, I Write: Q&A with Withered

Monday, March 8, 2010

Q&A with Withered

Last week I interviewed Mike Thompson of black metal band, Withered. Describing their sound as "tortured black and doom metal," the band has been making a name for themselves and are hailed by critics as the future of heavy metal.

By far the most intriguing (and slightly disturbing) interview I've ever had, I learned much about the genre, Withered's songwriting process and the craziest tour story you will ever read. Let's just say it involves decapitating pigeons for a performance later that night.

Did I peak your curiosity? For my complete interview, visit Spinner.com. I'd love to read your reaction to my writeup so please leave your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.