You Sing, I Write: Poll of the Week: What Music Do You Want At YSIW's Anniversary Bash?

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Poll of the Week: What Music Do You Want At YSIW's Anniversary Bash?

I'm currently in the process of putting together a concert to celebrate You Sing, I Write's two-year anniversary! Some of you may remember last year's successful show at Maxwell's in Hoboken, which featured talented musicians Joey DeGraw, The Canon Logic and Josh Charles.

This year, I'll be partnering with my friend Monica from The Jew Spot for a night of music at a New York venue where we'll be donating a portion of the ticket sales to one of our favorite non-profit organizations, To Write Love On Her Arms. TWLOHA is a movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. I've been following TWLOHA over the past few years as they've been making a huge impact, especially within the music community.

In joint celebration of our blog anniversaries and site relaunches, Monica and I have decided to join forces with some of our favorite musicians for a night of fun while bringing awareness to important issues that TWLOHA discusses. We're still working out the details, (most likely the show will be in November) in the meantime we'd really love to know what type of music you'd be interested in.

My poll question for this week is: What music do you want to hear at the bash?

Rock
Pop
Singer-Songwriters
Country
Hip-Hop
A little bit of everything.

Feel free to leave musician/band suggestions in the comments. Stay tuned for more details as they arise. Can't wait for the show! Hope to see you all there.

2 comments:

rc said...

Bring back The Canon Logic!

ANNIE REUTER said...

I'd love to, but I want to bring a new set of bands each year to introduce everyone to more upcoming artists. Thanks for the suggestion though!

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.