You Sing, I Write: Mat Kearney Tonight at The Fillmore NY @ Irving Plaza

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mat Kearney Tonight at The Fillmore NY @ Irving Plaza

I'll be catching Mat Kearney tonight at The Fillmore NY @ Irving Plaza with some friends and covering it on Twitter if you'd like to follow along. I was lucky enough to meet up with Kearney a few months ago while he was touring with Keane and it was one of my favorite artist interviews yet.

You can read the full transcript of my interview here, as well as listen to the audio. To hear Mat talk about the new album, his writing process and stories behind his songs, click here. For his view on writing about personal relationships, being an opening act and advice to aspiring musicians, click here.

Feel free to follow my updates on Twitter. For more on Mat, visit his Web site.

4 comments:

julia said...

was at the show. it was cool how he ended with the bruce springsteen cover.

ANNIE REUTER said...

I agree. Very unexpected, but it closed the night really well. Can't wait til the next show!

Unknown said...

what Bruce Springsteen song did he cover?

ANNIE REUTER said...

"Dancing In the Dark" you can watch a video my friend took of him performing on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLg4Z7_J71U

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.