You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "New York, New York"

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Song of the Week: "New York, New York"

I've been subletting my friend's room the past month in New York while she's been in Ukraine and couldn't think of a better track for my last few days here than Frank Sinatra's infamous hit, "New York, New York." While I've done some tourist attractions (boating in Central Park and eating countless times at Shake Shack), this month has given me a newfound appreciation for the city that never sleeps. Additionally, it's made covering shows easier and more enjoyable — never having to rely on catching the last bus back to Jersey.

Throughout the month I was lucky enough to catch some great New York bands like Mourning District as well as interview some notable acts like Better Than Ezra and The Ting Tings. While the Internet hasn't been too reliable throughout my stay, in the upcoming weeks I'll be posting all my interviews (audio and video). Stay tuned and let the magnificent Sinatra take it away . . .



Any last minute NYC spots you recommend checking out?

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.