You Sing, I Write: My Top Five Favorite CMA Week Songs

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Top Five Favorite CMA Week Songs

CMA week has definitely turned me into a country music fan. I know there are so many stereotypes, but give these songs a listen and maybe they'll change your opinion on country music. If they do, and you want to catch a show sometime be sure to let me know! 

"I Run To You" by Lady Antebellum

I absolutely love this song. After hearing them play it live at their fan party as well as the nightly concert at LP Field I was hooked. I was lucky enough to visit the spot where they filmed the music video for the song — Dunn Bros Coffee — where one of the baristas filled me in on the story behind the video. You can watch it below. If you like it, check out "Lookin' For A Good Time" (another one of my favorites) here.



"All I Want To Do" by Sugarland

The chorus just won't leave my head. "All I want to do-o-o-o-o-o." Give it a listen on YouTube, I think you'll agree.

"Chicken Fried" by Zac Brown Band

Zac Brown Band blew me away during their performance Friday night at LP Field. I haven't seen a band with that much energy and diversity in a while. (See about 4:15 minutes in). Love the lines "You know I like my chicken fried/Cold beer on a Friday night/A pair of jeans that fit just right/And the radio up." Come on, don't you?



"Don't Think I Don't Think About It" by Darius Rucker

Hootie & the Blowfish fans have followed frontman Darius Rucker embrace a solo country career and his debut album was praised by critics and fans alike. I took a personal liking to Rucker the first night of the press conference. Still new the the press conference setup, I kept raising my hand and trying to ask him a question when everyone else talked over one another jumping in over me. 

When the publicist in charge told the crowd "last question" I was bummed that I didn't get my question in. Darius must have noticed though, because he pointed at me after and said, "You've been so patient this whole time. What's your question?" Extremely surprised that he called on me, it gave me the confidence I needed to be more aggressive the rest of the week, seeing that the artists really do notice and acknowledge you if you're patient. Watch the music video for "Don't Think I Don't Think About It" here.

What do you think? Do you like any of the songs? I'll be introducing you to some musicians with my upcoming interviews and I'd love to hear of your favorite country musicians.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really starting to like Lady A. Enjoy the song Run to You and a couple more. And Darius Rucker is growing on me as a country artist. Never was able to like Chicken Fried tho, somehow too repetitive for me and too hard-sounding. But that's music, we all enjoy different songs. Silvercharger

ANNIE REUTER said...

Glad you like Lady A! I'm becoming a fan of Darius myself -- thanks for checking out my picks! :-)

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.