You Sing, I Write: South By Southwest Bound!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

South By Southwest Bound!

After an immense amount of deliberation, I have decided to take a trip down to Austin, Texas for their annual South By Southwest (better known as SXSW) music festival! I've been debating this trip for weeks and after becoming unemployed from my full-time job back in January I wasn't sure if this would be the right decision. Alas, I think it will be a great opportunity to cover some shows, interview new bands and provide me with more inspiration for this blog and life in general!

Here's where YOU come in. Just around this time last year I went on tour with Army of Me and The Used and had tons of interviews from each band. I tend to transcribe the entire interview, because die-hard fans love to read everything about their favorite band. SXSW has hundreds of bands and shows for five days straight and to go around having 20-minute interviews with each band will be fun, but typing up each of those interviews will be grueling. What are you most interested in finding out? Do you like my exclusive interviews or do you like show reviews more? Or, would you rather me blog about my take on the behind-the-scenes setup of SXSW?

As much as this blog is dedicated to bands I enjoy and think deserve attention on the music scene, you are the people who read it and leave comments and I want to make sure I serve your needs so you can read about what you're interested in. Let me know how you'd like me to tackle SXSW. I'm SO psyched to go, but I want you even more excited to read about my crazy band stalking adventures while I'm there!

Here's a list of the bands attending. Who do you want to see covered? I'll be updating my Twitter constantly as well as Marie Claire's so you'll be able to follow me every second of the day if you so choose to. I have just over a week to prepare before I head to Texas next Tuesday, so let me know what will keep you most intrigued and glued into reading this blog! Thanks :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you're going to Austin.. Hope you can catch the show... :)


josh

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.