You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "I'd Rather Be With You"

Friday, October 10, 2008

Song of the Week: "I'd Rather Be With You"

I first came across Joshua Radin when catching the Hotel Cafe Tour this past March and fell in love with his voice. His music is somewhat laid-back and comparable to that of Jack Johnson, having that perfect acoustic singer-songwriter feel. I received a stream of his song, "I'd Rather Be With You" in an email a few weeks ago, right before his second full-length album, Simple Times was released. If you haven't picked it up yet, definitely do. Incredibly solid, both lyrically and musically, Simple Times has that intimate feel — almost as if you're sitting in Joshua's living room as he's serenading you on guitar.

This week's song is my favorite track from his recent album. You can listen to it here. Be sure to check out his MySpace for tour dates and more music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree..his songs sound like he's serenading you in your living room! i saw him on tour. he's amazing

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.