You Sing, I Write: You Sing, I Write Hits 10,000 Views!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You Sing, I Write Hits 10,000 Views!

A few months ago I set up something called Google AdSense which basically calculates how many page views I get per day, giving me a certain amount of money per click on the ads on top of the blog. It seemed like a good idea at the time, just to get an idea of how many viewers I get and make a little money in the meantime. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought this blog would have become so successful!

I originally started "You Sing, I Write" back in October as a writing outlet, since my current job wasn't writing related. I just assumed my family and friends would read it and leave comments and that was good enough for me at the time. It all began with my Switchfoot concert coverage and interviews which were eventually posted on the band's homepage. Other blogs and websites linked to my blog and I began setting up interviews with more bands, practically covering a show every week or two. Eventually, that led to living my own version of Almost Famous when I spent a few days on tour with Army of Me.

I've come a long way over the past few months, but there's definitely a lot more I want to do with my blog — set up a MySpace, branch out to more genres of music and update it more often. I'm always welcome to suggestions, so feel free to leave comments or e-mail me bands you'd like to see featured! It means the world that I can actually do what I love and you all enjoy reading it so much! Now on to finding a full-time job doing what I do now with my blog for a living...

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.